Sunday, August 21, 2005

Growing Pains



What a difference a week makes
I don't understand it. Last week I could grab a rock, a toy, or a clump of moss from the lawn, run into the living room and slide quickly and elegantly into the dark space under the sofa - one of my favorite places in the whole house. (This is where I can chew in peace while watching everyone around me try to coax me out.) But last night something was drastically different. Feeling especially recharged after a visit to the backyard, I grabbed a sock and took off like a shot heading for my usual place. But instead of sliding, I had to wiggle and squeeze myself under the sofa. It was cramped under there! And I didn't like it! They had to lift the sofa so I could get out. Now I have to find a new and bigger place to hide.

No comments: